Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One Word

This year instead of making a long list of new years resolutions that would after several weeks be long forgotten, I was encouraged to pick one word to focus on. After considering the areas in my life that I would like to work on or maybe even change I have chosen my one word... self control. The bible has much to say on this topic but here is the verse that has stayed with me:
"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "no"to ungodliness and worldly passions and to live self controlled, upright and Godly lives in this present age." Titus 2:11-12 (NIV).
This year I plan to focus on saying "no" to worldly things and use self control in many areas of my life that I want make changes (time management, finances, taking better care of my self ie. eating healthy and exercising). What is your word of 2008?

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love your word! And thanks for sharing that Bible verse too! I don't think I've ever read that one. My word is forgiveness.