Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Our visit to Cleveland, TN

We had a great time in Gatlinburg and Karen posted a great recap of the trip. However, she mentioned she would let me post the trip home. So, here it is.... Beth and I were gabbing away and occasionally dealing with whichever child was having a crisis/meltdown and found ourselves on 75 south headed toward Chattanooga. I noticed a sign for "Cleveland Next Exit". I calmly said "Somethings wrong. We are not where we are suppose to be. That sign said Cleveland." Beth shouted "Ohio?" I cracked up laughing and we continued to laugh all the way to Chattanooga and on up to Murfreesboro. We couldn't believe it. Our trip was 1 1/2 hours longer than it should have been. The kids were overall good and just kept watching movies. I was a little stressed out because I had planned on getting Anna to her dance class that evening and I couldn't help but think of the time and gas I had wasted by not paying attention to where I was driving, BUT..... Beth and I had a great time laughing and gabbing some more, only this time I didn't take the wrong interstate! It was great for memories!!!!

3 comments:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

I can't help laughing when I think of Beth calling me as I was unloading the front seat of my car and you were just turning onto her street! :) I am glad you stayed calm and were laughing when you called me! :)

Sarah said...

I can't believe you were that close to "the hub of the universe" and didn't stop. Sounds like a great trip and a great excuse to continue the conversation!

Unknown said...

What a crack up! I had a blast getting lost with you and I am now complete after being in the "hub of the universe"! I am so proud of you for thinking it was "great for memories" rather than an annoyance or a frustration! Let's go to Georgia again soon!!

B